****It is THE LAW that any student interested in trying out for a sport, MUST HAVE a TSSAA physical and concussion form, signed by a licensed physician, on file here at Crestview Middle. No physical, no tryout.
Contact 2020 Head Coach Matt Cain
Football is a fall sport where tryouts begin as early as spring semester of the previous school year. The boys' coach makes the decision on any future tryouts and it is important that your child informs you, the parent, if he or she wants to try out for football at the moment these opportunities are announced. It is at the discretion of the coach on whether or not they will accept late student athletes. Announcements for tryouts, schedule, and roster are posted on this page. We ask for your patience and continue checking this web page if your child is interested in playing football in the 2019 season.
Posted July 31st, 2020
Directly from Coach
Attention 6th grade parents and players who are interested in football at CMS. We will be hosting tryouts for incoming 6th graders on Wed. Aug. 5 and Thurs. Aug. 6 from 4:30 to 5:30. Players can attend one or both days. Please be aware of the following:
• Players will need to report to the back parking lot by the CMS Gym no later than 4:15 to complete check in procedures and physical checks.
• All TSSAA Covid-19 precautions will be followed during tryouts. Temperatures checks and a questionnaire will be completed daily.
• All 6th graders attending trying out must bring a valid sports physical with them. A valid physical is one that was completed on April 15, 2020 or any date after.
~~~~~No one can try out without a valid sports physical.
• All players need to wear athletic clothing. Cleats or tennis shoes are acceptable.
• All players trying out must provide their own water or drink, no sharing allowed .
• Please make sure that your player is picked up promptly from tryouts at 5:30.
• Unfortunately, Due to Covid-19 we are going to have to do things differently this season. We will not have a 6th grade only team this year, but we will still have a Junior Varsity team.
Posted July 14th, 2020...this is for tonight.
Football Update July 7th, 2020
Announcement posted 6/9/2020 @ 12:41pm
FOOTBALL UPDATE: Parents, we will be using the gymnasium tonight, 6/9/2020, for conditioning. Please have your athlete wear tennis shoes. ~Coach Cain.
Important Information for the Fall 2020 Football Season
CHARGERS, It’s time to get back after it! Parents, we will start conditioning on Tuesday May 26. 7th Grade will be will be from 6:00 pm to 7:00pm. 8th grade will be from 7:15pm to 8:15pm. We will meet in the back parking lot by the gym. Please have your players dressed in athletic clothing and cleats. Please read each of the bulletin points under the attached calendar. Parents, if you know anyone with incoming 6th graders that are wanting to play football, let them know about this page and the remind account. Those 6th graders will start workouts with us when we start back conditioning in July.
Parents, there are few points I wanted to clarify before our Football workouts start back Tuesday. Thank you for your support as we start back at it during this trying time.
- The workouts starting next week are for 7th and 8th graders. Incoming 6th graders will start with us in July. (More info will be posted next week for incoming 6th graders)
- Players need to be dressed and ready when they come to workouts. Cleats preferably since we will be on the field.
- Players need to bring their own water bottle to workouts. Players will not be allowed to share water bottles.
- Please have players arrive 15 minutes before their practice time to allow for temperature checks.
- Please pick up players on time to try to minimize overlap between groups.
- Parents please remain in your vehicle when dropping off and picking up your player. The School Board wants us to minimize the amount of people players and coaches are exposed to.
6th Grade Football Information
Posted June 4th, 2020 @ 7:54am