Crestview Middle students are assigned a CMS student account, which they will use to access the computers within Crestview Middle School. This account is assigned only for the year they are enrolled as there is not any guarantee that the same account will be theirs in the future years at CMS.
Your student account will be in the form of cms#### (# represent four digit numbers). Your student password will be the assigned password to that account, which cannot be changed.
It is the student's responsibility to memorize the account information. This account information will be printed at the beginning of the year. The student's homeroom teacher will receive the account information as soon as they are printed. The students are recommended to write this information down or keep this sheet handed to them by their homeroom teacher with the account information in a notebook so that they can use it when it is needed.
These student accounts cannot be accessed outside the confines of the school network.
The students are also encouraged to be mindful of the Student Acceptable Use Policy for Technology, which reads:
Tipton County Schools
Student Acceptable Use Policy
The use of computers, networks, and the Internet in the Tipton County School System is a privilege and not a right and the use of this privilege may be revoked at any time for any reason. All communication that takes place on the network must be polite, kind and free from inappropriate language and material.
We have developed a set of rules, but they cannot cover everything. Sharing computer access with others requires users to be polite and do what is right. Before you sign this agreement, you should understand that user privileges will be lost and that disciplinary action will be taken for inappropriate use of Technology. You, as a student, parent, or legal guardian can be held legally liable for any problems that occur due to your child's inappropriate use of the computer hardware, software, and networks in our schools.
As a condition of my use of the computers, networks, and the Internet, I will abide by the Terms and Conditions for Technology listed below.
Terms and Conditions:
- I understand that computers, network, and Internet access, is for educational purposes only, and is available only to qualified students, teachers, administrators, and staff.
- I will never share my password with anyone else.
- I will never attempt to tamper with, or otherwise disrupt, other people's data or computer equipment, or try to gain unauthorized access to accounts or files on any computer, network, or on the internet.
- I understand that the electronic mail service provided by the Tipton County Schools is not guaranteed to be private.
- I understand that the disciplinary action will be taken against any user found sending or acquiring objectionable material over the Internet, or creating, copying, or otherwise manipulating, objectionable material on school equipment or on school premises.
- Any use of school technology for commercial or for-profit purpose, personal or private matters, is strictly prohibited.
- Tipton County Schools specifically forbids the unauthorized duplication of software.
- I understand this and will abide by the U.S. copyright law, which states:
- According to U.S. copyright law, unauthorized reproduction of software is a federal offense. Offenders can be subject to civil damages of as much as $100,000 per title copied, and criminal penalties, including fines, up to $250,000 per work copied, and imprisonment of up to 5 years per title copied.
Student Name (please print) Student Signature
Parent or Legal Guardian (print) Parent or Legal Guardian Signature
Nothing is private on the school network. Students are PROHIBITED from accessing social networking and personal e-mail sites on Tipton County School computers. All student searches within their CMS account are recorded by the technology department and the student can be reprimanded for questionable searches on a TCS Computer. Referrals are automatically written up on students caught on social networking by a staff member. These accounts are monitored by the technology department in Tipton County. Should misuse of the account become evident, the principal will receive a report from the technology coordinator of the district.